Wednesday, November 03, 2004

problems..

First of all, blogger is very slow today. Not sure if it's my connection or what. But that's just my luck. When one thing goes wrong, nothing else works right.

*********************

I have been wanting to blog for the last few days, but am very distracted by some female problems. I am so sick and fucking tired of having problems. I have been to so many doctors, have had so many tests, and the bottom line is just that I'm "sensitive". Which translates into itchy and burny. Which makes me feel gross and useless. And uncomfortable.

It's not a yeast infection, it's not a disease, it just a fucking sensitivity to certain things (like I can't use latex condoms) and I can develop allergic reactions to things (like KY). Argh.

R doesn't seem to understand this. He will keep demanding that I go back to the doctor. They tell me the same thing. Not yeast, not herpes, not this or that. Don't wash with soap. Don't spray with perfume (who does that?). Don't douche. Use Crisco for lube if needed - you cannot have intercourse without adequate lubrication. If I have sex when I am just the least bit dry, look out. Pain and suffering will follow. Don't sit in wet bathing suits.

Pretty much don't touch it with ANYTHING and I'll be ok. Wanna know what set me off last night? Either the lube or the vibrator. I'm leaning toward the vibe - maybe soemthing with what we use to clean it and it didn't get rinsed properly. I don't know but I am so fucking pissed off right now I could spit. I was already mildly irritated from our Sunday night session. Which was very good, but it appears I had a mild reaction to his semen. Usually he unloads all over my face or chest or back or ANYWHERE but inside me. Not Sunday. So now here I sit in agony, completely frustrated because I know another trip to the doctor will do absolutely no good.

I'm sure you all really didn't want to hear about that, but I am so FUCKING sick and tired of this happening that it (temporarily) made me feel better to blog about it.

Sorry. Hopefully I'll be better soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger A said...

OH can I ever relate to this. I had a reaction to Dan's semen when we first met. About a week after we first made love. Very red, very painful, I didn't know what it was. Actually, I was scared to death. I mean, I couldn't help but worry Dan had given me something, so they tested me for everything under the sun. We had to wait for days for the herpes & AIDS one.

Scared_to_death.

But I had nothing. Turns out it was yeast.

I still have reactions like that occasionally. I'm not sure what causes it. We can make love dozens of times, each time the same, then one time for no reason, I'll feel that burning afterwards and it will explode into a big deal.

Urinating after sex helps a LOT! I know it sucks to jump up right afterwards and rush to the bathroom but it's made a huge difference for me. Also, if I even begin to feel the slightest burning, I make myself jump in the shower and I think I've beaten it out that way too. And I've stopped using soap altogether there.

It's been *knock on wood* at least 6 months since the last time it happened.

Also, the cream they sell for yeast infections helps. Not only the condition, but the burning. Good luck, I know what you're going through. :-(

12:58 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

That's sounds scary. Sometimes, it is a yeast infection, and sometimes it's just what one doctor called vaginal dermatitis. I'm fairly certain that's what it is this time - just based on the irritation location and lack of other symptoms.

I've heard the urinating after sex thing, and boy do I wish I would have on Sunday.

At least I know I'm not alone. I just feel bad for poor R having to deal with me right now. I'm a little more than cranky when this happens.

Thanks for the advice!!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

Always pee after sex! Yeah, not sexy at all, but it will help keep infections at bay. You should pee before sex, too.

Crisco for lube??? Ew. Try Cornhuskers. It's a hand lotion, but it's glycerol free, so it can be used with condoms. It also doesn't get clumpy like KY. Kevin and I swear by it!

There are non-latex condoms that are WONDERFUL! They're made with...polypropelene? or something? But they're thinner than latex, and it almost feels like there's nothing between you. We use them when I'm on antibiotics.

I've found that when things up there start to get a bit icky, I make a VERY mild solution of white vinegar (a spash in a dixie cup, then fill with water), sit on the toilet, dip my finger in the vinegar solution, and...well...wash myself out. Rinse finger. Repeat. Gross, but effective. Also, the slight acidity of the vinegar will keep yeast growth under control.

I have to be careful myself, because I've developed an allergy to over the counter yeast infection treatments. So when I get one, I have to go to the doctor, have them confirm that yes, I have a yeast infection (duh) and then they'll give me some diflucan pills.

The only other advice I can give you is to eat lots of yogurt. Or take acidophilus capsules. That will help you maintain your "natural" flora, and thus your pH level.

Good luck!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

I have not tried the vinegar solution. Makes sense though. I ended up having a problem with cortizone creams. My doctor told me I could use them (externally only of course)because Vagisil irritated my skin worse, but I couldn't use it for too long because it's a steroid and can thin my skin.

I just found a natural cream by Lanacane when I was at lunch today that doesn't contain steriods. The relief was almost instantaneous. And with your and Amber's advice, I should be good to go in no time!

Thank you so much

3:41 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

OK OK. I never USED the Crisco. That's just what they told me to use. "It's all natural and non-irritating".

Ugh. But I guess I should have, since I seem to have a problem with everything else.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home