Monday, October 25, 2004

Pretty in Pink

I wore pink today. Pink corduroys with a sweater with pink and mauve and beige stripes. I like the sweater because I think the placement of the stripes makes my little breasts look a bit bigger. What I don't like is that least 6 people have said something to me today about how "nice" or "pretty" I look. I even got an email from one person Which leads me to the conclusion that they must think I look like shit every other day. As if I look so horrible all the time that they are just shocked at my appearance today. Kind of like when I colored my hair darker and cut bangs. My boss came in to tell me something and stopped mid-sentence to say "you colored your hair!"

"Yes, and I cut bangs, too."

"Well, I like THAT part."

Fuck you. I don't like your hair, but I don't say anything. If you don't like something about the way I look, why say anything? Just leave me alone.

It's the fucking people in this place. So many of them are so big on appearance. So big on image. I wear my baggy jeans and boots, but that's because I know I'm going to have to move desks and computers around for the "can't break a nail" yuppies in here. I wore a skirt to the Christmas party last year, and half of the room stopped talking when I walked in.

Way to make a person feel comfortable. I hate these people.

I only care about how I look for R. He compliments me all the time. He makes me feel pretty. I had to work (a very busy) Saturday night at the bar. He took me to the mall beforehand to find me a skirt. He wanted a red plaid school girl skirt for me. Finally, after several stores, He found the two He wanted me to try on. I tried one on and stepped out of the dressing room to show Him. When He picks out the clothes, I have to show Him so He can decide if I get them or not. It was a tad loose in the waist, and I asked Him if he could find a 3. I thought the 3 may not fit, but wanted to make sure. He left and returned and said the 5 was the smallest. I asked Him if it looked ok. Judging from the bulge in His pants, it looked fine. I asked Him if He wanted me to try on the other one. He said "No. That's it."

See? That's the kind of compliment that makes me feel good.

So I wore my little schoolgirl skirt and made lots of money in tips. I think I made T mad because she caught NY looking at me when I was bent over. She should know better than to worry about me. I'm not interested in anybody else.

But I do work for tips...

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

LOL... this post made me laugh. I know the feeling: any time I'm NOT in jeans, boots and a t-shirt (or some similar combo), people tell me how nice I look. Cracks me up... Does it matter if I'm wearing a Hanes His Way white v-neck tee or a DKNY blouse? And then, of course, there's my mom who always tells me I 'look so pretty' when I wear makeup. Um, Mom... I wear make-up every day; kinda thought the idea was to look like you weren't...?

1:58 PM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

HAHA! Plaid schoolgirl skirt, huh! Will DEFINATELY look into that!

Last year, Kev and I went to a Ren. Festival (we're geeks) and just for kicks, I tried on one of those rennasaince style vests with the lacing that you tie up the front, along with a blousy low cut shirt. those things are MADE for well endowed women. It emphasized my boobages nicely. I came out of the dressing room and asked Kev "how do I look?" His jaw dropped, he was silent for a few seconds, and then managed to stammer "i'll buy that for you." heehee! Now I wear it for him on special occasions. Or whenever I feel like seeing that look on his face! (it's what I'm wearing in my profile pic, just pulled up a bit because there were church folk at the party!)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Ang - Yeah, I get that from my mom too. What kills me is she is about as plain as they get. I think she wears mascara and foundation and that's it. Last time I saw her in a dress was my brother's wedding like 2 years ago.

ESC - Like the top. I could never pull that off. Way to tiny on top. :(

5:45 PM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

yeah, but you probably have the legs to make up for it! :)

6:07 PM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

finally found your question in my comments! if you're talking about RSS on when you're on YOUR site: go to blogger dashboard, and click "change settings." then click on the "site feed" tab. make sure that "publish site feed" is on "yes." if the RSS button disappears when you go to someone else's blog, it just means that they don't have this function enabled. they are losers. taunt them until they comply.
hope that helps - good luck!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home