Friday, April 22, 2005

Just a few things.

R had some skin cancer removed from His noggin on Wednesday. He is on Vicodin for the pain. He didn't think He would need it, but we filled the prescription anyway. Good thing too. He's in a lot of pain when it starts to wear off, then He takes it again and after a bit you hear "Whoa. It's starting to work." And He looks all stoned and relaxed. I'm thinking of stealing one from Him just to see what it feels like.

A plastic surgeon did the surgery since it was above His eybrow. His other doctor didn't want to give Him a bad scar. If He has that much pain after them cutting up a little bit of His forehead, there is no way I'll ever have plastic surgery done. Because I'm a wimp.

No big boobies for me.

-------------------------

The weather is taking a turn for the worse. Last weekend it was beautiful and sunny. We had the windows open. We rode the bike. I thought about the flowers I would be planting soon. We sat on the deck and drank beer.

Now we have a cold front coming through (again - we just had one on Wednesday). It's supposed to snow. Possible accumulation.

How I wish we could move.

--------------------------

Since the weather will be crappy, we will be painting. I dislike painting. I want it done, but I don't want to do it. And now, since R's head feels like it is going to explode if He so much as bends over, I think it will be more like me painting and R supervising. Which makes me nervous. He is much more of a perfectionist than I am. He even painted the ceiling. Who does that?

I had this conversation with my mom.

"We're painting the rooms in the house."

"Really, what ones?"

"We are starting with the hallway and living room. But R had to paint the ceiling first."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I think that's the right way to do it."

"Oh."

So if I seem lazy, or take shortcuts, it's my mom's fault. Half-assed, jerry-rigged, whatever you want to call it. That's how my family does things.

------------------------------

Tomorrow is a 70's theme party at *Our Favorite Bar*. We have been studying "That 70's Show" diligently. At least I have since I was born in the late 70's and don't really remember much of it. I think I will look a bit like Donna. We tried to find R a leisure suit, but to no avail. It should be fun though. I've been practicing my disco moves.

----------------------

I suppose I have rambled enough for today. And I'm giving up on ever writing about some of my more interesting daily experiences. I just don't ever seem to want to sit for long enough to write about them.

Maybe someday...

The details of my vacation are already starting to fade. I really need to get those memories written before it's too late.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, girl!! Chop, chop already with the vacay details! Some pictures would be cool too.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home