Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Priorities...

OK, can I just say I am so pissed off right now?

I know I have a tendency to dwell on things and make myself even more upset than I need to be, so maybe if I write it all down I will feel better.

We are getting married in August. (yay!) We will not be in town for this. We have scheduled a casual reception for the second Saturday after we get back. We did not plan it for the first Saturday we get back because I want more than 4 days to get everything in order, and that is also a weekend we would have the girls. They won't be able to stay at the reception all night, so we thought it best that it be on a weekend they are with their mother. We don't want it the weekend after that because it's Labor Day and Labor Day weather here is always kind of iffy, and it is a weekend we'd have the girls. (We will be outside). So the weekend after would be even more of a chance on weather.

Here is the problem. My mom, dad, brother and sister-in-law won't be able to make it. Because...

They are leaving that Saturday to go fishing in New York.

I have to reschedule my reception for a fucking one-day salmon-fishing trip. It's not like they're going to be on a week long vacation or something. They leave Saturday, fish Sunday and come home Sunday.

My mother had the nerve to ask me why I can't have it a different day. Apparently the above reasons are not good enough. Then she asked me why I couldn't have it on a Friday. What? So I can rush home from work at 5 to be be at MY FUCKING RECEPTION by 6? And R would have to leave work early, because in the summer He's lucky to be done with work by 7?

I. AM. PISSED.

Just like my mother. I can just hear her saying, "Oh, the world can't inconvenience jAG. It's always all about you, isn't it?"

Well yeah, mom. On that day it is. Fuck you and the train you rode in on.

Is this even proper? Do I have to change my date to one that is inconvenient for us so they can go fishing? Or can I just say look, this is when it is. Come if you can. Because that's what I want to do.

And now she has said to "let her know if there is anything she can do to help." Like baking or something. No. How about you not make me reschedule? How's that for help? Huh?

All right. I don't feel much better, but at least I got it all out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Geez sweetie... that sucks. For what it's worth, this is what I would do. Sit your mom down (or call her up, whatever) and gently remind her that it is YOUR wedding. Sorry, the date that works for your reception is THIS date and while you really hope they could make it, you'll try to understand if they can't. Try to keep your temper (I know... that could be rough), and if she pulls any shit on you, tell her to have fun fishing.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Thanks guys. Crisis has been averted. She rescheduled the trip for the week after. I don't know why she couldn't have suggested that in the first place. Hopefully I won't hear about me making her switch.

My dad wants us to go on this trip with them, and so she took it upon herself to book a hotel room for us and told us how much it was.

Originally we thought about going (I don't want to but R does. I think fishing is boring) but now we don't want to because there is a motorcyle rally/camping thing that weekend.

And yes, WE are paying for ALL of it ourselves. That's why it's nothing fancy. I'm not much for fancy anyway.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

NEWSFLASH: IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU!! IT'S YOUR WEDDING!! Tell mom that you will NOT reschedule but to say Hi to the salmon for you, since one of them will probably be at your reception (the salmon that is) Good luck!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home