Monday, December 06, 2004

Hormones

Hormones suck. I'm still not used to all these monthly things. And it has been almost a year since I went off Depo. 9 years with no hormonal changes really fucks with you. Now all I do is cry and whine and pout and yell for about a week before my period. Anything can make me cry right now. Songs, commercials, TV shows, somebody looking at me funny, ANYTHING. I hate it.

I'm trying to think about some of the stuff Amber said about this book she was reading and what she got out of it. About looking inside yourself during those PMS times of the month and not trying to pretend you don't have any symptoms and covering it up with medication. At least that's what I got out of what she wrote about what she read. Guess I am pretty normal, as much as any man would like to disagree. I'm NOT hamming it up when I cry, or when I am feel so sensitive, or easily angered. It's all real, unfortunately.

Bleah. At least it will all be over in a few days.

2 Comments:

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

why did you go off the pill?

I recently switched to a pill that has a little more estrogen in it because i was getting some annoying symptoms. That little boost in hormone has been messing with me all month.

"why are you crying?"

"because I can't get this drawer to close!"

"????"

1:07 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

It wasn't the pill, it was the shot. Every 3 months. Stopped my period - good. Thinned my vaginal walls - bad. Lowered my sex drive - bad. Plus R is fixed, so no need for worry about unwanted little ones.

I threw the remote last night out of frustration over something totally not related to the TV or the remote. I'm sure I looked like a nut.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home