Monday, November 29, 2004

(Mostly Grumpy) Tidbits...

Tidbits

Gun season started today. I'm not going.

********************************

Money is getting tight again. Feelings of hopelessness and despair are taking over, much as I try to be optimistic. The woe is me, we'll be in debt forever, I'll be stuck at this job forever feelings. So much for my Christmas spirit. I don't want to spend any more money on Christmas. I don't want to spend any more money on anything. The house needs a lot of things, and that isn't going to happen anytime soon. It is going to cause me to say nasty things and start arguments. I really need to quit dwelling on it because it won't do a bit of good to worry. But when you're the one that pays the bills and sees what's going on you can't help but worry. I can't even say what I think. GAH!

********************************

I didn't enjoy Thanksgiving as much as I should have. Thursday I actually didn't feel good, had some sort of stomach thing going on that really didn't allow me to enjoy all the food and drink. Sunday we had yet another family gathering. I was very uncomfortable. R's kids went, they didn't know anyone except for my immediate family, so I know they were bored. I should have just told R to stay home with them, maybe I would have felt better.

********************************

Funny joke someone at work sent me:

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables.

Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard, "Jesus is watching you." Freaked out he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

"Did you say that?" He hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a bird Moses."

"The kind that would name their rottweiler Jesus."

*********************************

I had another nightmare last night. I can't remember it now, but I remembered it when I woke up. I should have written it down. I just know it was disturbing and I was in some kind of pain. Perhaps that explains my mood today. Maybe if people would send me more silly jokes like the rottweiler one, and I smile enough, I'll cheer up.

*********************************

I screwed up the invoices at work. I had to print them last week. I never print invoices. Where in my description is Accounts Receivable? Nowhere. That is why I didn't print the invoices correctly and why they are screwed up. And all I keep hearing about is month-end numbers, and that Corporate's not gonna like this. Well, why then would you have someone that knows nothing about accounts receivable procedures handle it? Oh. Because the person who normally handles it was out, and I am superwoman and can figure anything out? I don't think so, Tim. Poor planning if you ask me.

*********************************

Boy. I am a real downer today. I'll stop now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home