Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Brickyard 400

It's almost time to go!

I'm so excited. I leave tomorrow for Indy. 258 miles on the back of a Fatboy. Actually, I'm sure it will be more than that once we get lost a few times. We're taking state routes instead of the Interstate, so it should be interesting. It will just be nice to get away for a while. The weather is supposed to be cooler than it's been, but that may be comfortable sitting in the stands. Last year I roasted. I kept taking ice from the beer cooler and holding it on my back and chest so it would melt and run down my shirt. (Much to my boyfriend's dismay, I did not have on a white shirt) I'm a puss when it comes to really hot weather. I never drink enough (well, enough water anyway) and then I get all lightheaded. And hopefully it won't rain tomorrow. We got rain gear, but I really don't want to have to use it!

I just wish our hotel had a pool. I would love to go swimming. Actually, after that much time on the back of a bike, a hot tub would probably be more suitable. I haven't been on a real vacation in so long where I've been able to swim. I miss it. I miss the beach, too. But boyfried says he's taking me to Cancun in March, so I guess I can wait that much longer.

Last year, Rusty Wallace finished 10th at the Brickyard. He was also doing better in points than he is this year. I'm kinda taking a liking to that young Kasey Kahne. Excellent driver for a rookie! I get a lot of flack for liking the Dodge drivers. But I've always been a Mopar girl. Ask my daddy. So it's great that I get to go with a Gordon and Earnhardt Jr. fan. Actually, it's no big deal, but they do like to tease me.

Anyway, I don't care. I'm going away for a few days and won't have to think about work or the housework or anything. I can use the break.

Bring on the Miller Lite!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have a good time. everyones out of town and I cant make up my mind to go anywhere. guess i'll be spending more time with the family. hope you have a safe trip and come back with funny stories. I bet the crew going west will. maybe i can stay outa trouble this week. miss ya all already.
btw i'm that weird guy that used to chew the gum.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home