Thursday, April 20, 2006

Well, we're moving somewhere, anyway...

Mr. R says to me the other night, "You know where I was thinking would be a better place to move?"

"Where?"

"Alabama."

"Alabama? I thought you didn't want to go south. It's probably humid there."

"No worse than it is here."

"True, true. Well, that sounds like an OK idea to me. I really wanted to go south from the beginning."

"Well, (someone we know indirectly) said that they took a cut in pay when they moved there, but the cost of living is so much lower it was worth it. Their property tax is only like $800 a year."

"A year? Ours are more than that a half. OK. Sounds like a plan. You know, until we come up with another idea."

"Yeah."

pause

"You know, they have dry counties in Alabama."

"We're gonna have to watch that. No living in dry counties."

"No. That would be bad."

So, now, it appears that we are going to go south, you know, when the time to leave finally arrives. Right now, it's one of the few things that gets me through my windowless days. And it's, like, six years away. Six whole years. I will be in my 30s. But we can put a gun rack back in the truck and not get concerned looks from people. I think. I don't really know. I've never been there. But I've heard. And I can probably say "ya'll" and not have people look at me funny. Because "ya'll" doesn't always fly so well up here. And that, right there, is enough for me.

So long as we don't end up in a dry county.

4 Comments:

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

oh my god, ALABAMA? there are better places in the south, honey.


like atlanta :D

10:06 AM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

I figure since I've got him looking south now, I'm on the right track. We've got six years to tweak the location.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Resist the urge....don't go south.....don't!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Funny, I tell people the same thing about coming north. Don't do it! I 'm afraid I'll have to take my chances. The warmer weather alone will make it more than worth it.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home