Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Call me a liar...

My husband does not scare easily. I would venture to say He could probably count on one hand the number of times He has been truly scared in His life.

He doesn't worry about things. Not at all like I do.

He does not, however, like it when I cry. I am now convinced He will do anything in His power to keep me from crying.

What frightened me, I still don't want to say exactly what it was, could be very real.

It was real enough for Him to ask me to call and make Him an appointment with the doctor. Monday, 10:45.

I think He thought that would relieve some of my anxiety. It did not. He told me not to worry. I still did.

I tried not to cry. I really, really, really did. I'm at work, and don't particularly want to cry in front of my coworkers. I didn't try hard enough.

This time, He never said, "Quit crying."

This time He called me three more times while He was at work and I was at lunch.

The last time He called was to request that I purchase Him a pack of Nicorette gum.

I finally cried some happy tears today.

Never underestimate the power of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home