Friday, October 07, 2005

Don't write me off yet, mom...

So Z-dog must have decided she ain't quite ready to go yet. She's all pepped up again, with the exception of her tumor-infested knee. She got up with R today for breakfast and ATE IT ALL. Yesterday she got up with me. She's still wagging her butt (it's so funny to see a dog without a tail that doesn't know they don't have a tail).

No, I'm not in denial. I know she isn't going to get better. Just taking it day by day. It could be tomorrow, It could be next week. I know it will be soon.

But for right now, she is still here and gives me lots of doggie kisses and licks my tears when I cry for her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say I've been reading your blog for the past 6 months and everytime you bring up your dog it gets me. I lost my most favorite dog back in March, I still miss him. He was very sick and I had to have him put to sleep. It was one of the hardest things I had to do. It's great to hear you still have a day or more left with your dog, Every little kiss and wag of the tail (butt) is so important. Those were the things I remembered after my dog was gone. :)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Thank you Audrey. It is terribly hard for me to watch, but the light is still in her eyes. I told R she is a new soul in a body that can't keep up.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home