Wednesday, May 10, 2006

We'll Paint Happy Little Trees...

I'm no Bob Ross, ok? Wish I was, that guy is all smiles. After a nice lecture from someone about my negativity issues, I have decided to make a list of things that make me feel happy. Baby steps.

And, Mr. Lecturer, for the record, no, I don't enjoy worrying. It sucks. I just don't understand how to stop. Telling me to "just stop" is absolutely no help because worriers like me DON'T KNOW HOW TO JUST STOP. I don't tell you to pee sitting down. So shut up.


So, without further ado, here is my stupid list of things I can think of right now that make me smile.

1. Flowers in the spring. Escpecially tulips. Heh. I said tulips.
2. Puppies. I love puppies. Even if they bite. They smell good.
3. Shopping. Can't really do that so much anymore. But I like to think about going to the mall. Or Barnes & Noble. Or Bed Bath and Beyond. Or Best Buy. Or Pier 1. I should stop.
4. Parties. I like parties. I don't like having parties - they stress me out. But I like going to them. Especially when there is a fire to sit by. There is nothing better than sitting by a fire and drinking some beer with your good friends while exchanging "Do you remember when...?" stories. Except for...
5. Camping. Even better! Because it involves all of number 4, but you are outside when you sleep (fresh air!) and you don't have to worry about messing up someone's house. Yay camping!
6. That hotel room we stayed at in Dundee.
7. Um. crap. I'm out for now. I know there's more. I'll work on it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ayrianna said...

I love the way puppies smell, it always makes me smile!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never tell you stop! stop doesnt work. However i do have a secret. Ignorance is bliss! case and point, big boird and her male buddy So simply i say, Ignore the little shit, and only worrie about the shit that hits the fan. Fire! Fire! she said Fire... Fires also make for some really good cooking. ever have an open fire steak. Gotta be sure to have good wood for those!I have to totally agree about parties. I especially like to be sober when everyone else is rip roarin drunk, now thats entertainment.
scooter rides are great too. Have wonderfull day....

6:37 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

I actually did say the phrase "Ignorance is bliss" to Mr. yesterday. I think I would much rather be in the dark about some things and just get blindsided when there are problems. I can't dwell on it if I don't know it's going to happen.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home