Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pointless Wednesday Rant...

I must resist the urge to make small talk or noise while on the phone waiting to shadow a offsite user. I think it makes me sound nervous, and I dislike when other people do it.

Example: "J? Can you shadow me? I am a big retard and still can't understand the step by step instructions you sent me."

"Sure. Let me log in."


..."do do do do dooooo...."

See? What the hell is that? That is almost as annoying as the sigh. You know, when you are on the phone with someone, and you both are waiting for a reboot or something, and there is that silence? Apparently silence is not permissible on the phone, because one, if not both of you will do the whispered sigh.

"Hold on. Let me restart this."

"Ok"

" haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh....."

Gah! No! Don't do that. ESPECIALLY right into the mouthpiece. It makes it sound like you are in a windstorm.

Of course, the worst is when someone breaths into the mouthpiece. Not just once or twice, because sometimes it's just accidental. But sometimes, people do it constantly. Do they have the damn receiver in their mouth? What the hell? Move the damn thing away from your mouth. It hurts my ears.


----------------------

Random thought.

I read on the Dilbert blog where Scott Adams was worrying about saying something silly after having a few "Grey Gooses". And immediately my brain thought "Grey Geese?"

2 Comments:

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I did not know there was a dilbert blog.

I love you even more now, for letting me know.

;)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

I meant to link to it. Clicky. When you work in an office, you have to love Dilbert.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home