Thursday, July 21, 2005

I can only be who I am...

"I have a recipe to try that I found on ESC's blog. Meatball subs."

"Oh really? What goes on them?"

"Cheese, sauce, peppers, onions..."

"But we don't have stuff to make meatballs."

"I know. I can use the frozen kind."

"I didn't know they made those." (Sounds kind of turned off by the idea of frozen meatballs. I have had them before and know they are pretty good.)

"Yeah."

"What, do they come in a bag?"

"A box."

"Oh. You know, they aren't that hard to make."

"I know, I just thought it would be something easy. But forget it, I can buy the stuff to make them too."

"Well, we can just have something else. I think we have pork chops. They'll thaw out fast. You can make that with noodles and broccoli while I work on the bike."

"Um. OK."

"But we can try those subs some other time. They sound good."

Yeah. Sure they do. He liked the idea until I told Him the meatballs were not going to be homemade. After He asked me if I really felt like cooking. No. I never do. But these sounded good and dammit, I wanted to try them. And thought He may be touched by my effort. But no.

This, my friends, is one of the reasons I hate to cook. That and the constant, "you know, you should do this like this..." or "that's not the way my mom did it." Well, I'm not your mom.

Just tell me what the fuck you want to eat and I'll make it. And if you don't like the way I make it, then make it your God damn self. And don't bitch because I never want to cook. Or never think of ideas. Because between having my (not very frequent) dinner ideas shot to shit, and then being told how to do it, there is just nothing enjoyable about it.

So there.

5 Comments:

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

dude..do NOT make homemade meatballs unless you're making a special dinner.

dammit, I forget the brand of the ones I buy, but they come in a red bag. armstrong? they are GREAT, perfect for a quick dinner. even my very italian great aunt rose used frozen meatballs when she had the whole family over. claimed they tasted better than her own! and you know what...they did!

next time, just do it. don't tell him how you're going to make them. just MAKE them and see if he likes them.

and really, CHRIST if someone kept bugging me about cooking I would fucking make them do it themselves! I dated a guy a while back who was VERY picky...like "I only eat WHITE ALBACORE tuna." guess what? I STOPPED MAKING FOOD FOR HIM. then I dumped his sorry ass.

I know that's not the solution here, but you are definately going to have to put a stop to his nitpicking, or you are going to go CRAAAAAZY! tell him you cook for him because you love him, and while you appreciate his suggestions and input, ultimately, he can eat what you make, or he can make something else. take a stand on this: your sanity depends on it!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And this is the guy you are going to marry?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Thanks ESC. I may have been a little sensitive in my reaction, but hey, if I'm trying to cook darn it, well, at least I'm trying. I think he's trying to be helpful and I just DON't respond to constructive criticism very well.

Anonymous - you betcha. He doesn't leave dirty underwear on the floor. I'm sold. hehehehe.

7:24 AM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

then tell him to shut it and go watch tv! :D

that's not "constructive" criticism. that's just...criticism!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Oh yeah, so sorry about that. Can't blog about that at work.

Maybe tonight I can steal away for a little bit and continue...

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home