Thursday, October 20, 2005

Stupid bikers...

R and I decided to go out for a ride last night since the weather forecast indicated a major drop in temperature for the foreseeable future. It's always sad when the riding season comes to an end. I called a couple friends and we cruised around for a while, stopping here and there at some local bars. It was a bit brisk, but it was fun.

We got home kind of late. When we got home, R pulled the bike in the garage, shut the garage door and we went inside. I took D-puppy outside to go potty.

Our front door has a lock on it that stays locked when you open it from the inside, unless you actually turn the lock to unlock it and then open the door. I know this. I went out, left the door open a little bit, and set the puppy down in the grass.

A few minutes later, R decided to join me outside. He came out the door, and pulled it shut.

"Oh no you didn't."

"What?" pause "Oh shit. I just shut the door."

"Yep. You sure did."

"Oh my god. What are we gonna do? We're locked out."

"Um. I don't know. We don't have a key hidden anywhere. I guess I'll have to see if I can get in the garage window."

"Isn't it locked?"

"I didn't relock it yet. Did you?"

"Yeah."

"You did?"

"No, I'm just kidding."

"Aren't you just so funny."

I unlocked the gate, walked around the house to the window and studied it for a while. It was still open a bit, but the screen that is in the window comes out from the inside. Not helpful. I tried pushing on the screen. Didn't budge. The little knobby things that you pull on to remove it were on the other side of the screen. There was no way I was getting those pulled from the outside. After fully analyzing the configuration, I decided the only way to get in was to cut the screen.

I walked back around the house and through the gate.

"Well, the window is still unlocked, but I can't get the screen out from the outside. Do you have anything sharp on you? I'm just going to have to cut the screen."

"No, I don't have anything," says R, checking his pockets. "Oh wait a minute."

He reached into his pocket and said, "Here, I have the bike key."

He dangled the bike key in the air.

pause

"Oh. Look. I have the house key, too."

"What? Oh my god. You're lucky I didn't get that screen out and crawl through that window. You had a key the whole time."

"Well, I guess we can go in now."

"Dumbass."

2 Comments:

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe that's hilarious :)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home