Sunday, October 09, 2005

I just died in your arms tonight...

That song was playing at the gas station when we stopped to get gas after having Z-dog put to sleep.

I always hated that song.

I stayed with her. It was much more peaceful than I expected.

It was the hardest thing I've had to do so far in my life.

I am going to miss her so much. She was such a good dog. Even though she slobbered everywhere and left hair everywhere and made a mess of just about everything.

She was always there for me when I was sad.

She licked the tears off my face for the last time today.

I don't have anyone to give my leftover food to.

I'll never hear her snore again, or how she would groan when she'd lay down to go to sleep. Or that squeaky thing she did when she yawned. Or how she'd paw at the closet door when we were going somewhere because she thought her leash was in there. How she'd wait for R at the bathroom in the morning because he had to pee first. How she would come into the bedroom every night for her butt scratch before she went to bed. How excited she'd get at the words "ride" or "truck".

I told her tonight she was going for a ride in the truck. And even though she was sick she got excited, and pawed at the door for her leash.

I hope she had a good last ride.

I miss you Z-dog.

5 Comments:

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

so sorry, sweetie.

you did right by her though, until the very end. she loved you very much, and you were a good mommy.

*big hugs*

9:09 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

thank you.

how lame is it to take the next day off work because you had your dog put to sleep? cuz I am.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think it's lame at all. It's amazing how much of a bond we can have with our dog. it took me awhile to get over my dog being gone. but it was wierd, felt like there was something missing in the house. but i still miss him and i think i always will. memories are hard at first, but in time they will be things to smile at when you remember her.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

I'm so sorry. *sniffle*

It makes perfect sense to take the day off and grieve for a loved one.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Thanks guys.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home