Monday, December 27, 2004

Method to the Madness

How was everyone's Christmas? Mine was just grand. Due to the blizzard I got a 4 day weekend. Got lots of stuff I asked for and stuff I didn't ask for.

R proposed to me. After He took the girls home. He told me He had something for me to open that I couldn't open in front of them. And that I had to wait to take a shower till He got back. I had something to give Him that they couldn't see as well, but it was a movie they aren't quite old enough to know about and a Playboy calendar. I was thinking His gift was some kind of lingerie or something. He didn't want me to take a shower because I put my jewelry on afterwards, and He didn't want to have to take off the ring I was wearing (cheap silver thing just so my finger wasn't naked). And I thought He just wanted to shower with me, which we don't do when the girls are over. It was quite a surprise. I didn't figure on that happening for Christmas.

I'm not ready to share all the rest of the private details, but suffice it to say there were lots of tears and laughing and smiling and shakiness and bubbly champagne.

And now I get to wear a big pretty sparkly rock on my left hand.

Of course, I said yes, once I could finally speak again.

I don't know when we will get married, or where, but I do know it will most likely just involve the two of us with a hell of a party after we get back from wherever we go.

And now I know why He once asked me what size rings I wore. He was sneaky enough to not just ask about my left ring finger.

And it fits! I don't have to be without it to be resized!

2 Comments:

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm so happy for you both!

now if I could just get MINE to do that.... :)

1:12 AM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Thanks everybody! I'm pretty excited!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home