Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Poor Little Kitty

So my cat is dying I think. I know that's not a very pleasant thought. He's old. He'll be 16 in August. I've had him since I was 12. Guess it's time to let him go. I had his sister put down a few months ago. I just feel guilty, what if I am making the wrong decision? Or what if I already have because I've waited too long? I don't think he's in pain. He's not meowing any more than normal. But he's not eating. I bought him stinky ocean fish flavored soft cat food. He ate a little bit of that. And he has a lump on his chest, I guess you would say in his armpit? It moves.

I don't want to take him to the vet for tests. He's so old I don't think I'd have him treated and prolong suffering. I guess I'll just give it a day or so more, see if he eats any better, and then take him in. Actually I'll have my boyfriend do it, so I don't wreck on the way home from sobbing so hard. He's not very attached to him. (Actually I know he'll be relieved when it's finally done. His not a big fan of cats, but he's being nice and not saying that to me right now.)

I don't know. Maybe something will have changed by the time I get home....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home